Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'm Baaack!

So How's THAT for a Hiatus?

Here I am again...re posting and resurrecting this blog after more than 5 years.

Yes, I'm still kicking.  I guess I should also say I've been celebrating 5 years of surviving cancer, too, YAY!  I did take a little time off at the end of 2009, which extended into a good part of 2010 and 2011.  A bunch of stuff happened, not the least of which was a divorce after 22 years of marriage.  That tends to take the wind outta ya sails.

But enough about that.

I'm going to be posting a lot more frequently in the future, God willing.  I want to have a place to discuss thoughts about reborn doll making, sculpting, paints and etc.  All things related to this business we love so much.

I started a new book about using my WaterBorne © painting system, but there just hasn't been time to finish it and publish it, so I thought it would be great if I could use this blog to share what I know about it, how I've developed the product line and answer questions.

And of course I'll let you in on new goings-on with HunnyBuns Nursery and HunnyBuns Reborn Supply.com  I have been pretty busy all this year sculpting for other people, trying out some different ideas.  Right now I'm painting one of the prototypes for my newest kit "Rosie" which is being produced by Irresistables.

So that's about it for now.  I'll spend more time decorating the place up a bit, fixing some links and adding a bunch more soon.  Comments are welcome :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm glad to hear you fought off cancer and i'm sorry for the bad things that happened. I'm glad you're doing well and i just wanted to let you know that i am new to your blog and I'm new to you're reborn nursery. I found out about your nursery a few months ago, I bought a doll you made from someone who has purchased him from you. I immediately was in love with the way he was reborned so I didn't hesitate to do my research on your reborn nursery! I soon saw that you weren't reborning anymore and that made me feel a bit sadden since i was hoping to ask if you had any other dolls for sale or if you were willing to reborn a kit i had. Anyway I hope to hear from you soon! :) Thank you for reading have a good day.